Uniform and Equipment
We expect all students to be smartly dressed and appropriately equipped for school. The expectations below will apply from September 2018. You can download this information as a pdf here.
Uniform Code 2018
For all students Years 7-11:
- Charcoal grey plain full-length tailored trousers (click here for further guidance)
- If a belt is to be worn, this must be black and suitable for school
- Maroon School Uniform Polo Shirt with House Colour Trim and School Logo
- Maroon School Uniform Sweatshirt with School Logo
- Black or Grey Socks
- Plain black flat polishable shoes. No trainers, no boots, no logos; shoes should enclose and protect toes and heels.
- Hats, scarves and coats, if worn, should be dark colour, without logos or patterns. Denim or leather jackets are not permitted.
When in uniform, students are public representatives and ambassadors for Churchill Academy & Sixth Form. The Academy uniform should be worn with pride and the Academy Code of Conduct applies at all times that students are in uniform.
- Hoodies: Academy hoodies (House PE hoodies, Maroon Academy hoodies, or Grey Year 11 hoodies) are acceptable to wear as an outdoor coat. Other hoodies (those not issued by the Academy, or "trip" hoodies) are not acceptable.
- Hair colour and style: hair should be a natural colour. Extreme hair styles are not acceptable (for example very short hair or hair with designs cut in). Please check with the Academy beforehand if you are unsure. The decision of Academy staff on the definition of “extreme” and “natural” will be final.
- Jewellery: students are permitted a maximum of one watch, one ring, and one pair of earrings (one in each ear; studs or sleepers only).
- Make up: make up is not permitted in Years 7 or 8. In Years 9-11 make up, if worn, should be discreet. Nail varnish is not permitted at all.
- Hot weather: in the event of extremely hot weather, the Headteacher will authorise PE kit as uniform for the day. This will be notified on a daily basis. Unless notified, standard uniform applies.
ACADEMY PE KIT 2018
- Black polo shirt with house colour stripes and Academy logo
- Sports trainers (no plimsolls)
- Black football/rugby socks with Churchill logo
- White sports socks
- Shin pads
- Gum shield
- Swimming trunks or one-piece swimming costume
- Black shorts or skort with house colour stripes
- Black hooded sweatshirt with house colour panels and Academy logo
- Football/rugby boots with studs if required
- Optional: plain black tracksuit trousers or plain black sports leggings
- Long hair must be tied back with a plain black hair band
ACADEMY EQUIPMENT LIST 2018
Every day, students are expected to bring:
- Pencil case containing:
- Two black pens
- Two sharp pencils
- 30cm ruler
- Pencil sharpener
- Pair of compasses
- Scientific calculator
- Set of coloured pencils
- Glue stick
- Pair of scissors
- Set of four highlighters
- Reading book (either from home or from the Academy Library)
- Academy exercise books for the day’s lessons
- All homework due
- Students who do not conform to our expectations will be challenged and we hope to receive the support of families in sorting things out quickly.
- If the problem is not rectified, however, the student will be educated in isolation from their peers. Whilst the Academy will do their best to keep progress moving, isolation for any length of time is likely to undermine such progress.
Sixth Form Dress Code
Our Sixth Form students are expected to dress in an appropriate manner for the a learning environment that they are in. We allow them the responsibility that comes with being a Sixth Former to make appropriate decisions about their appearance.