Safeguarding & E-Safety
Churchill Academy & Sixth Form fully recognises its responsibilities for child protection. Our policy applies to all staff, governors and volunteers working in the Academy.
The main elements of our policy are:-
- Ensuring we practice safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers that work with our children.
- Raising awareness of child protection issues and educating the children with the necessary skills to keep them safe.
- Developing and implementing procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases of abuse.
- Creating a safe environment in which children can learn and flourish.
The designated teacher for child protection is Mrs Lorraine McKay who will be able to help if you have specific questions about the Academy’s approach to child protection.
The Academy's Safeguarding policy can be found in the policies section.
Families need to be aware of e-safety in your home environment and how you can help to protect you children when using the internet, both on the computer and any mobile device. At the Academy we have filters which are provided by our broadband supplier which stop access to inappropriate content. With many home broadband suppliers you can now ‘opt-in’ to protective filtering and this usually does not incur a charge. There are also software packages that can be purchased to provide filtering within the home environment. It is the case that filtering can, at times be too restrictive but filtering can usually be tailored to meet your home requirements and can be overridden when needed.
There is a very useful magazine produced by Vodafone which gives a lot of information to help and guide parents through the internet minefield and you can find out more by visiting their website for parents athttp://www.vodafone.com/parents
Should you have any concerns relating to the safety and welfare of a child at the Academy you should contact the Designated Safeguarding Head or a member of the safeguarding team as listed.
- Mrs L Mckay - Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Mrs N Moon - Safeguarding Team
- Mrs F Dawes - Safeguarding Team
- Mr G Davies - Safeguarding Team
- Mr R Morgan - Safeguarding Team
- Mrs N Webber - Safeguarding Team
You can also contact North Somerset Children’s Social Care directly on 01275 888808.