Sports Day 2018
Best. Sports Day. Ever.
Friday 29th June was given over completely to a festival of sport and inter-house competition on the Academy playing fields. Students got into House spirit with face-paint, flags and industrial quantities of glitter, cheering on the competitors in track and field events throughout the day. The newly-introduced inter-House tug-of-war was a great addition to the programme!
Nine school records fell, some of which had stood since the 1980s. Congratulations to the following new school record holders:
- Morrison Page (Windsor) - Year 8 boys' hurdles (12.91s)
- Olivia Young (Windsor) - Year 8 girls' 100m (12.78s)
- Ollie Campbell (Hanover) - Year 8 boys' 1500m (4m57s)
- Stan Irving (Tudor) - Year 8 boys' shot putt (11.80m)
- Izzy Gray (Stuart) - Year 9 girls' 800m (2m58s)
- Sophie Stone (Hanover) - Year 9 girls' shot putt (9m)
- Oli Broom (Tudor) - Year 9 boys' shot putt (11.85m)
- Ben Wheeler (Stuart) - Year 10 boys' 400m (54.98s)
- Ben Wheeler (Stuart) - Year 10 boys' 800m (2m10s)
The full list of house record breakers is below:
The final house standings were as follows:
Click here to read "The Finishing Line" - our Sports Day newspaper with all the information from the day.