The Great Churchill Bake Off
This week we held our first ever Churchill Bake Off! All of the staff and external judges were absolutely blown away by the standard and the imagination of the entries. All dishes were excellent in both taste and presentation. It really was lovely to see students putting the skills learnt in their Food Tech lessons in their dishes.
The results are in and the winners are:
- 1st Overall: Hazel Derbyshire - Stuart (Summer Meadow)
- 2nd Overall: Lydia Marsh - Lancaster
- 3rd Overall - Lisa Marie Nichols & Saskia Pate Vowles - Tudor (Summer Bees)
- Hanover - Megan Summers
- Stuart - Hazel Derbyshire (Summer Meadow)
- Windsor - Zoe Alvery (Strawberry Meringue Cake)
- Lancaster - Lydia Marsh
- Tudor - Lisa Marie Nichols & Saskia Pate Vowles (Summer Bees)
- Annabelle Isgrove - Tudor (Beach Fun Cake)
- Emily Kendrick & Eva Fawcett - Windsor (House Colour Rainbow Cake)
- Joe Crocker - Stuart (Cream Tea Cake)
Staff Winner: Mr Hart (Chocolate Paradise - Best served with coffee!)
We also want to say a MASSIVE thank you to judges Angie Biggs, Wrington Vale Rotary Club and Toby Brett, Banwell House Pub Group, and also to Yeo Valley and Somerset Charcuterie who donated some amazing prizes for our winners!
See a selection of the delicious entries below.
The Food & Nutrition Team