Admissions to the academy
If you are thinking about joining Churchill Academy and Sixth Form, welcome! Please find our admissions arrangements below. You can also view our prospectus, find out about our uniform, and the structure of our day.
If you are interested in applying to Churchill in-year, please click here to download our in-year admissions form.
Admissions 2020-2021: confirmed arrangements
Agreed admission arrangements published below:
Admissions 2019-2020: confirmed arrangements
Agreed admission arrangements now published below:
Applications to join Year 7 in September 2019 should be made to your home local authority by 31st October 2018. For late applications after this date, please contact your home local authority.
- If you live in North Somerset click here
- If you live in Somerset click here
- If you live in Bath & North East Somerset click here
- If you live in Bristol click here
- If you live somewhere else click here
Admissions 2018-2019: confirmed arrangements
Academy Admissions Authority
The Governors are the Admissions Authority for Churchill Academy and Sixth Form. The Governors act in line with The School Admissions Code 2007. This code applies under Section 84 of the Schools Standards & Framework Act 1998 (as amended by Section 40 of the Education & Inspections Act 2006) and further amended and changed by provisions in the Education Act 2011.
The Governors of Churchill Academy & Sixth Form confirm:
- Their determination to collaborate with the Local Authority in a strong partnership to the benefit of local children and families.
- Their adherence to the principles of comprehensive, inclusive education for local families.
- Their desire to provide a choice for local parents based on the quality and diversity of the education and other opportunities offered at Churchill.
- Their commitment to working in partnership both with the local community of the school’s First Geographical Area and also families from areas outside the First Geographical Area where students have been sent to Churchill over many years.