Churchill Academy is a company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales (Company Number: 07687722).
The Registered Office is Churchill Academy & Sixth Form, Churchill Green, Churchill, North Somerset, England, BS25 5QN.
The Academy's Trust Board are the company directors.
The Academy Trust Board has voted to join the Lighthouse Schools Partnership multi-academy trust. Further details can be found on the Letters Home page, and in the Frequently Asked Questions document. The decision was approved by the Regional Director for the South West and the Academy is due to join the Lighthouse Schools Partnership on 1st April 2023. The Governance arrangements for Churchill Academy & Sixth Form will therefore change from that date. Click here for information about Governance in the Lighthouse Schools Partnership.
The Academy Trust Board is responsible for ensuring high standards of achievement for all children and young people in the school by:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team to account for the educational performance of the Academy and its students, and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance of the Academy and making sure its money is well spent
The Academy’s Trust Board is determined to be inclusive as well as aspiring to the highest standards for all students.
Key Academy documents which the Governors oversee can be viewed below.
- Churchill Academy Accounts 1516
- Churchill Academy Accounts 1617
- Churchill Academy Accounts 1718
- Churchill Academy Governance Structure 2022 2023 agreed Aug update
- Churchill Academy Accounts 1819
- Churchill Academy Accounts 1920
- Churchill Academy Accounts 2021
- Churchill Academy Articles of Association adopted 2021
- Churchill Academy Deed of Variation to Funding Agreement July 2021
- Churchill Academy DoV and SFA signed Jun 21
- Churchill Academy Five Year Strategy 2020 25
- Churchill Academy Governor Information 2021 2022 Aug 2022 xlsx Governor Overview Information
- Governance Remits Expectations 2022 2023 Agreed
- Persons with Significant Control June 2017